Returns and Refunds
Zilco prides itself on providing good quality products and ensuring our customers are happy with their purchase.
- All refund rights under New Zealand Consumer Protection Laws apply
- If you have purchased your item directly from Zilco, the following policy applies
- If you have purchased your item from a Zilco stockist, a return for any reason must be done via your place of purchase under your contract of sale conditions
Change of Mind
If you have changed your mind, you may return your item(s) to us, at your expense, only
under the following conditions:-
- You return the goods within 28 days of delivery
- You have contacted us for a Return Authority (refer to our Returns Procedure on this page for details)
- You have completed our Returns Form with all details including invoice number and full contact details. This form must be included with your returned goods
- The item is in saleable condition - unworn, unused, with all sealed, original packaging and/or tags attached.
- The item is not a "Custom" product, made particularly to the specifications of the customer
- The item has not been purchased as part of a "Clearance Sale", "Discontinued Line", or "Factory Second"
We will not refund any original postage where you have changed your mind, and will not accept any responsibility for goods lost in return transit.
Incorrectly Supplied Items
We have procedures in place to ensure all orders placed are supplied correctly every time. In the event that the product you ordered and paid for is not what you receive, you may return your item(s) for refund or exchange.
- If we have supplied your item incorrectly, we will refund you for the return freight, provided you return the product using the method we prescribe
- Please contact us for a Return Authority (refer to our Returns Procedure on this page for details)
- Please complete our Returns Form with all details including invoice number and full contact details. This form must be included with your returned goods
- We understand that items are sometimes needed urgently for a specific event or occassion. If you would like your replacement goods supplied immediately, we are happy to send it before we receive the incorrect item back. Please note: We will invoice and charge you for the item (freight free) for the item being sent in advance. A refund for the incorrect item and return freight will be processed as soon as we receive it.
At Zilco, we take pride in the materials, design and workmanship of our products. All items are extensively tested to ensure they are fit for the purpose for which they were designed.
Under the New Zealanad Consumer Guarantees Act, you are entitled to a refund or replacement for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and failure does not amount to a major failure. If the failure is minor, we reserve our right to offer to repair the item only.
Please note that the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act does recognise that the relevent time period to claim on a faulty product varies by the product and its nature, the price paid, and any representations made about the goods. For example, a product that has been designed for short term use could not be deemed faulty if it failed after long term use.
Where an item has been damaged through misuse, tampering or abnormal use, we will not provide a refund, exchange or repair. In this instance, if you require the product returned, we will charge you for the cost to return the item to you. We reserve the right to refuse the return of a product in the event we believe it raises safety concerns.
Where an item has been sold as a "Custom" product, we will only accept return due to defect or fault. These items may include, but are not limited to custom printing, embroidery and any other made to order items.
Where an item is sold as a Factory Second, we will disclose the nature of the defect at the time of sale. In this case we will not accept any return or exchange due to defect or fault.
Any refunds processed will be via your original method of payment
To return an item:-
- Contact us via email email@example.com to request a Return Authority (RA). Please include your invoice number, contact phone number and reason for requesting the Return Authority
- We will evaluate your request and respond via email within 3-5 business days. Should we agree to accept your return, we will provide you with an RA form and reference number, together with instructions on how to send the item back.
- Please download, print and complete all details of the RA form
- Please ensure that you include the completed RA form with the item(s) you are returning, and pack carefully into a suitable parcel or box
- Please ensure that your Reference Number is clearly marked on the outside of the parcel
- Your return will be processed within 3-5 business days of receipt of your parcel